HP DVD940E External 18x Super Multi DVD Writer
HP LightScribe Version 1.2-ready for high-contrast LightScribe labeling lets you easily preserve, edit and share up to 8.5 GB of video, photos, and multimedia presentations. The dvd940e records DVDs at up to 18x to enjoy excellent playback compatibility on DVD drives and players. Record hours of video onto DVD with your PC, then play it back in your living room. Surprise your family and friends with slideshows and home movies, digitally preserved on DVD or CD, beautifully labeled with your own personal touch and ready for playback. Read speed - DVD-ROM up to 16x (CAV), CD-ROM up to 48x (CAV) System Requirements - 800-MHz Intel Pentium III processor or equivalent, 128 MB RAM, 1024x768 video resolution, USB 2.0 interface and available port on PC, 1 GB free for included software installation, 10 GB free for DVD video creation (18 GB free for double layer). Internet connectivity recommended for software updates. Operating system - Microsoft Windows XP/2000Professional SP4, Windows XP Professional x64 edition and Windows Server 2003
Great Drive
I'm not sure where these 1 star folks are coming from but I've had this drive for over a year and probably burned 5 to 600 + DVD's flawlessly. I suspect that they are having trouble with the software they are using. I never liked Nero anyway, I use Clone DVD. The drive has been outstanding. Yes, once in a great while (maybe 1/2 of 1 percent) I'll find a bad DVD blank disc, but my software catches it and I just toss the coaster and the next disc is burned without a hitch.
Whose problem?
Ordered it via Circuit City online purchase on July 4 evening. Got it last week by post. Opened it, installed the Nero software, tried... Finally I gave up. It ruined 3 DVD-RW and 1 DVD-R.
Tried to return it to Circuit City at the Union Square Store. The staff said that a HP software was missing, and saying that I had been using it for 2 weeks! I tried to explained to her that it took more than a week to get it by mail and I did not have time to come to the store. She refused to listen, refused to accept my return.
I called Circuit City customer help, she said the only way to return it was by mail but I had to pay for the shipping.
The question here is I did not have it for 2 week, and what good for me to keep the HP installation software? What if the software was not there right from the beginning! The only software I got was the Nero..
I checked HP's web site, there was no driver or software available for download.. Does it mean that there is no HP installation software? The staff of Circuit City Store there was not helpful. If there is something missing in the box, we will not know it until we paid and opened it. Then, it's too late! you can't return it!
I returned the whole box this morning, costing me $10 for nothing but time and energy.
Best Buy DVD Writer, Cheap DVD Writer For Sale, Discount DVD Writer Best Price , Best DVD Writer Low Price, Inexpensive DVD Writer Lowest Prices, external dvd writer, internal dvd writer, pioneer dvd writer, hp dvd writer, sony dvd writer, Iomega dvd writer.
Sunday, May 3, 2009
HP DVD940E External 18x Super Multi DVD Writer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment